Benefits of mini implants
- Small, they contain no internal screws used to attach a pillar that will host a crown, bridge or denture.
- No sting, dreaded by some patients, no surgery is required to install the mini-implants. They are installed using an anesthetic gel that is placed directly on the first gum. Removal of a mini-implant is even simpler because it does not require local anesthesia.
- They are often installed to fix a removable dental prosthesis; speech, chewing function and cleaning of a prosthesis secured with mini implants are easier, just as in the case of conventional dental implants.
- They require little or no bone grafting, because a smaller volume of alveolar bone can host mini-screws, which may not be the case for conventional implants.
- The implant treatment with mini-implants is shorter because no recovery period is necessary before placing a crown, bridge or prosthesis on a mini-implant.
- The cost of treatment with mini-screw is significantly lower than with conventional implants.
- They are often used to replace small teeth, the front teeth in the esthetic zone of the mouth or teeth that are in a restricted area of the mouth or whose roots do not provide sufficient space for insertion a conventional implant in the jaw.